by Sean Devlin, Front Rush
Last week, Apple made their iPad 3 announcement and like any good tech enthusiast, we were glued to our screens. Also, like every tech enthusiast, we are on the waiting list to get one. With that said, we wanted to do give you our initial impressions so that you can decide whether or not this new version of iPad should be in your future:
- The first great thing is not the fact that the iPad 3 was announced, but that the iPad 2 is now only $399. The iPad 2 is an amazing device and if you have been debating on getting one for some time, but concerned about budget, now is the chance to gobble it up.
- Don’t have an iPad? Get an iPad 3.
- Have an iPad 1? Seriously consider the iPad 3.
- Have an iPad 2? Well, are you worried about connectivity at high speeds? Do you need a crisper image? Are you just a tech geek? If the answer is “yes” to any of these then you should consider the iPad 3. If the answer is “no” to all, then you will be extremely happy with your current device and not missing out on a whole ton.
- What is soooo great about this new device? Well first off, it has Apple’s retina display which basically means that the picture will look very crisp and sharp. Secondly, you can get it with 4G LTE. This just means that you can use it on cellular networks (AT&T / Verizon / a slew of others in Canada) on their fast connections. It records at 1080p HD Video, too. This means that videos and pictures that you take on it, will be very clear. You can use it as a hotspot (on Verizon) which means that it can be your portable internet that you can connect other devices to. It has “Dictation” which is a water-downed version of Siri (for those iPhone owners). This allows you to talk to your iPad to take notes, write an email, etc. Lastly, it still has great battery life. Even with all of the new specs, the battery life is listed at about 10 hours.
So what are the costs?
16GB is $499, the 32GB is $599, and the 64GB is $699. The GB is just how much stuff you can store on it. You only need a 32GB or 64GB if you are storing tons of stuff like video on it.
The 16GB with 4G cellular is $629 plus a cellular contract, the 32GB with 4G cellular is $729 plus cellular contract, and the 64GB with 4G cellular is $829 plus cellular contract.
Hopefully that clears a few things up, Coach. See you in line!
Front Rush is the national leader for technology and recruiting organization services designed specifically for college coaches. Their landmark recruiting organization contact management system is #1 with college coaches. Do you use it? Click here to find out why it works.