Writing Insanely Effective Recruiting Letters in 15 Minutes or Less
Coach, thanks for being a part of today’s session – I’m hoping you found it helpful!
To download and view a pdf version of today’s talk, with the notes, click here.
- One more thing: If you liked the session, I’d love it if you could remember to give us a bunch of stars and nice comments on the post-convention survey you fill out! It’ll help to ensure we can come back and be a part of future WBCA conventions – thank you!
Additional resources that will help you put these strategies to work
When it comes to telling a better brand story in the letters you send compared to other women’s basketball programs you’re competing with, I’d recommend you read through this training article we’ve put together for you – it has helped a lot of women’s coaches better define how to sell their program through written mail and consistent messaging, and communicate how they are better than the prospect’s other choices. If you want to dig deeper into the whole ‘story’ aspect of recruiting, and why it matters so much to basketball recruits in helping to define the ‘brand’ of a program they’re considering, according to our research, click here for a list of our other research articles. This is an aspect of high-level recruiting that a lot of basketball programs skip as they go through the process, and the result is nearly always less consistent, more erratic recruiting.
While we didn’t record our roundtable presentation at the 2023 WBCA convention, we talked about similar principles and strategies in a popular webinar we did for college coaches last year. It’s a 48-minute video presentation that you may want to sit down and watch with your staff, and talk about what methods you could add to your approach that would create better results, better responses, and a stronger overall recruiting story.
If you want an additional explanation of the approach we’ve found the most effective when it comes to recruiting letters, click here to hear Dan Tudor talk about different strategies on our popular College Recruiting Weekly podcast on Spotify, iTunes and all other podcast platforms. It contains a lot of new ideas, as well as strategies based on past successes we’ve seen our clients have benefited from over the past few years.
* All of our strategies and recommendations are based on our national focus group surveys, as well as nearly twenty years of working closely with coaching staffs around the country. Through that work, and as we monitor response rates and different mediums used in the successful recruitment of upper-tier prospects.
How We Work With Programs Like Yours
We partner one-on-one with nearly 600 college programs around the country – secretly, behind the scenes – to research and design:
- the best way to recruit to their particular school.
- the right messaging that will get the maximum responses from their best recruits.
- the best approach down the stretch in the recruiting process to beat a competitor for a prospect you want.
- the smartest strategies to ensure you are focusing on the right recruits for your program, based on our proprietary research.
For an overview of how our approach is working for programs around the country, click here.
Want to Talk One-On-One?
Email me at email@example.com, text me at (661) 809-6200, or fill out this form so we can get in touch and answer questions.