College coaches from across the country gather together June 6-8 in Boston for the 2014 National Collegiate Recruiting Conference, presented by Tudor Collegiate Strategies.
This is the nation’s premier gathering of some of the most respected industry experts and college coaches in the country, and they are focused on one of the most important parts of their jobs as college coaches:
Spend the weekend with Dan Tudor and his team of recruiting experts, along with coaches and marketing experts from around the nation, and we promise that you will recruit smarter, with more enthusiasm, and armed with the latest proven selling and communication skills for the upcoming 2014-2015 recruiting year.
- Where: The Boston Logan Hilton Hotel and Conference Center
- When: Friday, June 6th through Sunday morning, June 8th, 2014
- Cost: $249
- How: SOLD OUT – No Longer Accepting Registration
Here’s our line-up of our AMAZING speakers for 2014 NCRC:
FRIDAY, JUNE 6th
- 3:00 PM Dan Tudor – Founder of the Tudor Collegiate Strategies, Dan will talking about what this year’s NCRC holds for the conference attendees, and will outline five key areas that every recruiter needs to master as we head into the 2014-2015 college sports year.
- 3:45 PM Steve Shenbaum - The master team builder will lead our coaches who attend NCRC 2014 in an incredible series of communication and leadership exercises. You’ll want to bring these principles back to your campus after experiencing them live in Boston!
- 4:30 PM Gabe Bolton - He’s one of the most respected Division II women’s soccer coaches in the Western U.S., and he’s installed a principle in his recruiting plan that is giving him more time, less travel and better results. And it’s all about “The Pumpkin Plan”. He’ll explain the principle, and show you how to implement it in your program.
- 5:15 PM Rob Ramseyer - This successful college baseball coach will present “Transforming Programs by Flipping the Recruiting Paradigm Upside Down”, which will focus on how he has been able to have turnarounds at two different colleges in both the win column and in regards to the character of his teams. He’s done this through a recruiting strategy that finds both institutional and athletic fits, a focus on both athletic and personal development for our athletes (and how this helps recruiting), and thinking outside the box on the type of kids a program can win with.
- 6:00 PM Charlie Adams - Attitude is everything in successful recruiting. Sadly, most coaches struggle with the inevitable ups and downs in recruiting and let their attitudes affect their outlook. This nationally respected author and speaker will explain how to instill a positive attitude in your everyday recruiting and coaching duties.
- 6:45 PM Sue Enquist - The former head softball coach at UCLA won eleven NCAA Championships during her legendary reign leading the Bruins, and she’ll share how she built a perennial Division I champion through smart recruiting, leadership and inspiration.
SATURDAY, JUNE 7th
- 8:00 AM Bob Chmiel - The long-time recruiting coordinator for Notre Dame football will start our full Saturday session by sharing his insights on how to build a winner through recruiting, and what you need to do to develop a long-term coaching career.
- 8:45 AM Jeff Osterman - This assistant women’s basketball coach at the University of South Florida has become an expert at building a personal brand – and says it’s something every coach needs to do! He’ll show you how.
- 9:15 AM Paul Corona - The author of the new book The Wisdom of Walk-Ons and Director of Learning and Organizational Development at Northwestern University will bring his three decades of private sector management experience to the NCRC to talk about how to sell your walk-ons on your program, and why they are some of the most valuable student-athletes on your roster. He’ll be giving each attendee a copy of his new book, too!
- 10:00 AM Mandy Green - This Division I soccer coach is also a well-regarded organization expert, focusing on helping coaches become more productive. This year, she will be focusing on how to approach email communication in a way that is effective and saves valuable time. Coach Green is always one of the most popular presenters at the NCRC, giving coaches real-world solutions that lead to better organization in their lives on campus.
- 10:45 AM Garner Goode - What social media trends are important to your recruits and your team? Garner Goode, who coordinates social media campaigns for his D1 athletic department at Lipscomb University, will tell you what he has seen working from the perspective of his generation – and what you need to be doing back on your campus.
- 11:30 AM Focus Group Lunch – Hosted by NCSA Athletic Recruiting - Enjoy a hosted lunch, courtesy of the nation’s leading athletic recruiting resources.
- 1:00 PM Brian McCloskey - This former Division I head coach, terminated mid-year under controversial circumstances, will offer honest advice and insight on the lessons he’s learned from this recent incident, as well as his recommendations for younger coaches who may overlook some of the potential career land mines that cut short many college tenures.
- 1:45 PM John Brubaker - Last year, he taught one of the coaches at the 2013 NCRC how to eat fire in front of a cheering crowd! This year? He’ll be talking about his next book, The Blue Chip Recruiter. Coaches look for “blue chip” kid, but do they make sure they are being a blue chip recruiter? Coach Bru will give you the keys to doing just that. (And, he’ll teach you what country music stars Garth Brooks and Kenny Chesney have in common with you and your program, Coach!)
- 2:30 PM Sean Devlin - One of the nation’s leading technology experts and developer of the popular Front Rush recruiting contact management system, Sean will be revealing the latest trends in technology that coaches can use, prospect management and the strategies that top programs use to efficiently recruit the best prospects.
- 3:15 PM Ronnie Arrow - One of the most popular speakers from last year’s NCRC, Coach Arrow will offer his unique insights as a longtime Division I basketball coach into recruiting and coaching in his session, “From Assistant Coach, to Head Coach, to Assistant Coach”.
- 4:00 PM Dan Tudor – Your conference host and nationally respected recruiting advisor will outline a strategic approach to planning and executing your staff’s upcoming recruiting plan.
- 4:45 PM Bob Bayliss - The legendary tennis coach from the University of Notre Dame recently retired, and he has things he wants to make sure other coaches – whether they are in the middle of their career or just starting as a college coach – know about the profession, and how to build a winner through consistent recruiting at a high level.
- 5:30 PM Tyler Brandt - Creator of the 7 Second Coach program, and a successful long-time college wrestling coach, Tyler will tell coaches how to “coach” their recruits and team quickly and effectively by “navigating the seven C’s”.
SUNDAY, JUNE 8th
- 8:30 AM Dr. Thom Park - Hear from one of the best college football recruiters of all-time, and a former athletic director, to find out what you need to know as a college coach who wants to build a successful college coaching career through recruiting.
- 9:15 AM Doshia Woods - This talented Division I assistant coach will talk on a topic that’s becoming more and more of an important one in college recruiting: “Once You Get Them, How Do You Keep Them?” You’ll learn how she does it, and what principles are working for talented college recruiters around the country.
- 10:00 AM Dr. Mike Davenport - A successful collegiate rowing coach and creator of the Coaching Sports Today blog, Mike will teach coaches how to balance their coaching and recruiting lives with their personal lives. The result? A longer, more satisfying coaching career.
- 10:45 AM Dan Tudor - Conference Q&A between the attendees and Dan Tudor, as well as our panel of speakers. We’ll cover anything and everything you need to know before you head back to campus and start the new year of recruiting! We’ll end promptly at 12:00 PM.
Here’s what some of our past attendees have to say about the National Collegiate Recruiting Conference:
CLICK HERE TO GET MORE INFORMATION AND REGISTER FOR THE 2014 NCRC!