Neal Cook, Front Rush
Hope your Holiday weekend was splendid!
As much as I would have loved to slide down each and every one of your chimneys, like Scott Calvin, from Santa Claus, I am physically unable to do so (side note…Neal from Santa Claus is a huge prick).
What I can give to you is my top-secret Google Maps hack. This have been tested on the iPhone 7, but should work on Android devices as well.
Without further ado!
Follow these steps to save you time in the long run:
- Open Google Maps
- Click on the 3 horizontal bars to the left of the ‘Search Google Maps’ search bar
- Click ‘Your Places’
- If you haven’t done so before, click ‘enter an address’ next to the Home and Work icons. Plug in your addresses.
- Click the back arrow to get back to the search bar
- Enter in an address that you use GPS for frequently (gym, grocery store, mall, etc). You can also enter in family/friends addresses (aunts, girlfriends, grandparents, etc)
- Click on the address
- Click on the ‘Label’ icon in the center-bottom of the page
- Name this address (moms, dads, gym, etc)
- Click ‘Done’
- Repeat this for all of your frequent searches
What you just did was associate your favorite people/places with their physical address.
So instead of typing in “2240 Mercerville-Whitehorse Road, Hamilton Township, NJ 08619” to find your Grandma’s nursing home every time you pull up your Google Maps, you can just type “Grandma” to be directed to her location. That is, unless she has ran away on her wheelchair (which my Grandma frequently hints at).
This is a great time-saving hack, and has saved me from repeatedly asking my close acquaintances for their address over and over again.
Hope this helps a tiny bit!